♥Health♥ ♥Sharing is Caring♥

My Heart Procedure Experience

I figured since I promised that I will share about my experience on the heart procedure in my SVT post, I shall keep my promise! (My previous post on SVT is here)

Most of you who have been following me on Dayre (@bobostephanie) should already know that I went for the heart procedure on the 2nd of Dec.

I would say it was one of the most memorable/unforgettable experiences in my life! The experience was all filled with pain and more pain hahha

I admit, my tolerance for pain is ZERO. I don’t dare to pierce my ears just because I’m scared of pain hahhaa. You should be able to tell how low my pain tolerance is.

So after my previous visit to my cardiologist I decided to just go ahead with the procedure! I hate eating pills, and they didn’t really help, but I truly hate the palpitations the most! My dr was like, “Ok, then when u want to do it? Next week?” I was like “Woo hold on, next week too soon! How about 2nd? He was like, “Booked”

I remember asking my Dr if he would put me to sleep? He says no cox if u’re asleep we cant detect the palpitations 0.0. I was like GONE…

After everything was booked, I was like, “Am I ready for this?” We’ll I guess so… I’m that type of person who only gets nervous at the last moment.

The day before the procedure, I couldn’t sleep and I was so afraid! I kept telling Jo maybe I should just cancel it and eat meds forever! Obviously I didn’t la!

The day came quickly, and the moment after I checked in, that’s when the reality hit me! I was lying in the bed and I was like ,”Im scared, scared scared!” I keep imaging how painful it will be and all! I checked in at 9am, then they delivered breakfast to my room. The nurse told me I have to start fasting at 10am! I finished up my breakfast and the staff nurse came in and started taking my blood pressure and drew some blood to test. That’s when I realized its not just a simple procedure like everyone said.

photo 1An hour later they gave me a new towel, shampoo and a hospital gown to change into. They told me I should shower and get ready at 12pm cox my procedure is at 2pm. I was told to use only the shampoo they provided which made my hair really, really dry and frizzy lol

photo 2

After that nurses came in and put a drip needle into my vein on my hand, she says it’s to help to inject meds into my body during the procedure. I tell u, it hurt like FUCK! I tot it will be like taking blood la but nope! It hurts so bad that I kept complaining to my sister hahahaha.

So we all waited in my room till around 2pm and none of them came to bring me to the operation theater. An hour went by, my dad was like, “eh so long we go eat first, later u go in urself la, good luck.” I was like, “cold blood, fine bye.” So they all left me and went for lunch. Jo stayed there with me tho.

The nurse came to bring me to the operation theater at around 3.15pm and I was like IM SO ccared! Hahaha. The procedure started at around 3.30pm. At first I was a bit sleepy cox they gave me something to calm or relax my body then I kept falling asleep.

My Dr started by injecting pain killer into my both inner tights. It was quite painful la aiyo because that area is quite sensitive ma. At first he injected the left side I was like, pain then I can’t feel anything anymore for the left side but the problem is they have to do the right side too so I experienced the same pain again, this time on my right thigh fml.

So the Dr started inserting tubes and cables into my veins on my both tights then up to my heart. I couldn’t feel anything anymore, then I fell asleep.

I’m not sure for how long but in the middle of the procedure I got woken up by a strange feeling. I felt something hot and a strong pressure hitting me. I woke up and started looking around, I tried to tell my dr but I can’t really shout so I started coughing! Then the burning feeling got stronger and I kept coughing. My dr was like, “oh lower the voltage!” Then it got better, I was like he must be laser-ing my heart now that’s why I feel the burning feeling.

The pain is quite hard to describe because I have never experienced this kind of pain before. It’s like the pressure of someone punching ur heart/chest nonstop with fist! I was like sweating in the fully air coned room ==

The procedure took around 4 hours! The last thing I remember was when I heard my dr saying, “finished!” It’s like the magic word for me cox I don’t have to feel the pain anymore!!!

The day after the procedure my Dr came to check up on me and he told me he was quite surprised that he found 2 spots that was the problem! He says normally ppl have only 1 but I got 2!!! He was like that’s why it took us 4 hours then he continued saying he was also quite surprised that I felt the pain! Normally patients will be deep asleep but I woke up! I was like, cox it’s too painful lol


After 4 hours, I was back in my room! I was wide awake when I reached my room then I was like, “pain, but I’m starving!” I cant sit up or bend my legs for 6 hours so my sis fed me. I look like shit lol but nvm la…


Mum was quite smart, she brought a rice cooker and heated up steamed chicken and soup for everyone! We had a little chicken rice party in the hospital and it was quite fun lol

I was quite amazed that there is actually no wounds on my both tighs!!! I remember I saw a few tubes being inserted into my body but I can’t seem to find a wound! Isn’t it amazing!?!! No wound so the recovery is like super fast! I managed to walk, run and do squats after 6 hours! AWESOME!

photo 2 (1)

I was considered 80% recovered, and I managed to pack all my stuff, heat up the soup that my mum brought me and drink it while reading magazines. That’s all because my sister figured her beauty sleep was more important than picking up her sister from the hospital T__T. The moment she arrived I was like lets check out now! We packed our stuff and walked to the counter then the nurse was like, “where r u going??” I was like, “O check out, sorry I meant discharge.” then she was like “Not yet hehehe, we will come to ur room.” 0______O headed back to my room and waited …

I’m so glad that I decided to do this procedure because the moment they finished the procedure I can feel that my heart is smoother now. As in whenever I talk or whenever I walk faster it doesn’t give me the palpitations and I feel that I can breathe smoother now!

photo 4 (1)

Thanks Audrey and Tim for sending Yummy Flowerz, Jo enjoyed it a lot lol

photo 1 (1)

Thanks Michelle and Gary for this yummy fruits bar from Royce! It’s pink and super yummy!! Even my mum loved it lol

Thanks to those who texted and called, it meant a lot to me =)

It’s like a whole new world to me… Thanks Doctor Admad Nizar for giving me a brand new heart. Thanks Jie jie, mummy and daddy for taking care of me and being there for me before and after the procedure, I was so pampered by you guys. Thanks Jo for staying in the hospital with me just because I’m scared of ghosts ==”. I woke him up at around 1.30am just to ask him whether I should call the nurse to ask her whether Im allowed to walk edi or not lol.

photo 3 (2)Last but not least, the person who paid for my hospital bill, Bega (my best buddy who was also my insurance agent). She was super efficient and helpful throughout the whole claiming process! My sister was like, “Waw, y ur sickness cost so much one?” I tell you if you havent got yourself insured pls do it when u’re young and healthy because you will never know how important it is until you need it. I tot insurance was unnecessary until I was diagnosed with such an expensive sickness ==. I’m super glad that my procedure is all fully covered!! If you would like to know more about insurance please feel free to give her a call at 017-4743668


Previous Post Next Post


  • Reply Vivien Tee

    Hi bobo! May i know what happen to your heart? Because i look thru previous entries but i dont see u sharing about it.

    December 13, 2013 at 9:43 pm
  • Reply TenshiChn

    Wow… they entered the tube from an opening on your thigh through you veins into your heart…. It’s really amazing…nGlad the pain is over now and you recovered in a jiffy ^^nnthanks for sharing ^^nnhttp://www.tenshichn.blogspot.comn

    December 13, 2013 at 10:38 pm
  • Reply Sofia

    Glad that the procedure did you fine! :)nnSide note: hey, your birthday is just 1 day later than mine, haha!

    December 14, 2013 at 1:03 am
  • Reply Bobostephanie

    hehehe thanks

    December 15, 2013 at 12:45 am
  • Reply Bobostephanie

    yea!!! super high tech lol!!!

    December 15, 2013 at 12:45 am
  • Reply Bobostephanie

    I blogged about it before! the title is my speciak heart =)

    December 15, 2013 at 12:46 am
  • Reply Shee

    is it radiofrequency ablation?i mean the procedure

    December 15, 2013 at 1:01 am
  • Reply Ivy

    thanks for sharing your experience, im happy to know you feel much better and the recovery was really fast 🙂

    December 20, 2013 at 11:42 pm
  • Reply sgrmse.

    WHOA. that’s intense. that you woke up.. i was going to ask, how were you even awake?? and then i read the rest of the entry. you were under anaesthesia though, weren’t you?

    January 16, 2014 at 4:16 pm
  • Reply Bobostephanie

    They only inject pain killer to my body. I can’t sleep Cox they can’t detect my palpitation…

    January 30, 2014 at 12:12 am
  • Reply serene

    glad that u hv recovered! after u got diagnosed only u bought the insurance? and it is still fully covered?

    February 4, 2014 at 5:23 pm
  • Reply Journey To Wellness | BOBOSTEPHANIE.COM

    […] 2013, I blogged about my “special” heart ( & where I undergone a procedure called cardiac ablation to fix my very special heart which has a […]

    August 1, 2016 at 12:42 pm
  • Leave a Reply